Voting for the high-stakes Gurdaspur Lok Sabha bypoll is currently underway. The bypoll is expected to witness a three-corner race between the Congress, the BJP and the AAP. The bypoll is being viewed as a barometer for the popularity of the six-month-old Congress government in the state. The Gurdaspur seat fell vacant following the demise of actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna of the BJP in April.
- Polling for the Gurdaspur Lok Sabha by poll begins
- Results to be declared on 15 October
- As many as 15.22 lakh voters are eligible to exercise their franchise in the bypoll being fought by 11 candidates
- While Congress has fielded its Punjab unit chief Sunil Jakhar, the BJP has put up businessman Swaran Salaria
- Major General (retd) Suresh Khajuria is the AAP candidate for the seat